Yes, you can amend the time or date of an Advance ticket. To do this, you must buy a new Advance ticket from Railsmartr.co.uk, and send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, before the departure time of the first reserved train on the Advance ticket that you want to cancel. Your new Advance ticket must be:
- from the same origin station
- to the same destination station
- using the same ‘route’ (for example, “Avanti West Coast only”)
- the same ticket type (Advance)
- email email@example.com with the reference number of your original booking and your new booking. If you only want to cancel some Advance tickets in your original booking, please state which ones these are.
- if you have collected your ticket from a ticket machine, or it was posted to you, then you will need to cut both the ticket and the reservation coupon in half. Then, you will need to take a photograph and attach the photograph to your email to us as well. Otherwise, we cannot cancel your old Advance ticket.
- if your new Advance ticket costs the same as, or more than, your old Advance ticket, we will refund the cost of your old Advance ticket in full.
- if your new Advance ticket costs less than your old Advance ticket, we will refund the cost of your new Advance ticket.