Yes, until the end of 2021 you can amend your Advance ticket using the Book with Confidence scheme.
If you hold an Advance ticket and are due to travel by 31st December, you can change the type of ticket you have, as well as the date and time you are travelling, providing the journey is the same. You can repeat this as many times as you like up to the end of 2021.
We’re committed to our ‘no extra charges’ policy, so we’ll never ask you to pay refund or amendment fees.
Does this apply to my ticket?
The scheme applies to you if:
- You hold an Advance Single ticket which is valid for travel between 21st June 2021 and 31st December 2021.
- You placed your order after 5th January 2021.
To take up this offer, simply follow these 2 steps.
- Book your new journey on Railsmartr.co.uk using the rules we’ve given below.
- Email us with your new and original booking reference numbers. Remember to send this to us no later than 6pm the day before your original train is due to depart.
- We’ll refund your original booking and send an email to let you know this is done.
Here are the rules:
It’s important that you read this before you book your new tickets. You must:
- Book your new ticket(s) with the same train operator and origin & destination stations as your original ticket.
- Get in touch with us via email with your new booking details no later than 6pm the day before you are due to travel. If you contact us after this time, standard terms relating to Advance ticket exchanges will apply.
If you choose a journey costing more than your original one, you will need to pay the difference in price. Should you change to a cheaper fare, the difference will not be refunded.
Find out more about our standard terms for Advance ticket amendments and refunds for all other types of ticket here